- To increase awareness of the kindness and compassion around us by capturing still and video images demonstrating these virtues
- To educate and inspire the general public through wide sharing of the impactful content generated by the program
- To engage student photographers to be an integral part of this transformational program and both recognize and reward them for their efforts
Stay tuned for information on the 2017 contest, which will be bigger, better and even more transformational. This year’s contest will be open to anyone and everyone–we can’t wait to share all of the details with you! For a little teaser, click here!
2016 Program’s Challenge
For photography and photojournalism students to capture real or staged images and short films of kindness, compassion and empathy through their own unique lens.
- This program is open to any amateur/student aged 18 years or older, who has taken a photography, photojournalism or film course or workshop in the previous two years. Professionals are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- Participants may submit up to five (5) total entries within or across the following submission categories:
- A single photo, Photo series or video each count as one individual entry.
- There is a nominal $1 fee per entry to help support the cost of the program
Judging and Awards
This program features two simultaneous judging tracks:
- Public Voting
- The most popular entry in each subcategory (above) will win a “Popular Choice Award”
- The top 5 entries in each subcategory (by # of votes) will automatically qualify as finalists in the private judging process
- Winning a Popular Choice Award does not prevent a submission from being considered for private judging—individual submissions can earn multiple prizes.
- Private judging
- Panels consisting of professional photographers and photojournalists will select 10 finalists and then the ultimate winners within each submission category, as above
2016 Program Judges
Elaine McMillion Sheldon
Selection of 2016 Contest Winners
|Prize||Doc Single||Doc Series||Doc Film||Illustrative Single||Illustrative Series|
For more information on the 2016 Student Photography and Film Program, please see the contest brochure, and feel free to reach out to us at info(at)envisionkindness.org with any questions.
When students promote kindness, campuses and communities change measurably for the better. Bring Envision Kindness to your school today and watch the kindness spread!